Dr Kay
Dr Kay, Doctor
Experience:  Expert
114883404

Vision double and pain in eyes especially left side when

Customer Question

Vision double and pain in eyes especially left side when trying to look up - cannot look up due to severe pain and asking people to sit lower - balance issues and moving backwards - also have had recent mri showing high riding jugular bulb on left side - pain in left side of face and last night facial dropping with eyes moving back wards and forwards, flickering and twitching uncontrollably and vigorously when moved head left or looked up for few seconds - eye movement issue lasting longer than minutes and then resolving once looked down and closed eyes
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.
I am sorry to know that.
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

How old are you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello I’m 30
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

Any underlying conditions like hypertension or diabetes?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you chat online
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m trying to send you a file showing you what happened to me whenever I moved my head to the upper right and upper left
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

Yes looks like you have gotten a condition known as 'Optic Neuritis'.

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.
Do you have balance issues as well?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
In 2019 up until present I was having. Neurological symptoms of leg weakness and never ever had issues with vison or dizzyness like I’m going 360 and pulsing of dizziness I went to hospital stayed for 6 nights due to dizziness and they didn’t give me nothing for 4 days to help dizzy and balance issues
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

I think you should be tested for Multiple Sclerosis.

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

Its demyelinating nerve disease.

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

For its testing liquid from your backbone will be taken and will be observed under microscope.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Apologies for the delay - yes I requested contact mri but they said it’s no necessary the nhs and I’ve decided to now wait for a private nurologist appointment to pay for a contrast mri and ct scan because I’m worried I may have had a mild stroke
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.
MRI and CT scan should be done . I am sorry to know that you have to go privately.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much it’s very awful treatment and service I’m getting from the nhs my health now is marked for future as strictly functional with no further testing allowed - it’s serious situation I’m in but I’m happy to go private as the nhs system and service is extremely shocking now
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

There is no harm in getting another neurologist s opinion. But I think if NHS neurologist might have suspected of stroke then it might have been done.

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

What made you think it’s a stroke?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I did on this chat before I spoke to you and he agreed with me that I get a contrast mri as it’s very bad that now any symptom I have of health will be ignored and resorted to functional disorder
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The nhs neurologist has said any further tests are unnecessary as she believes it’s functional - I will hopefully find out and take this forward legally once I have diagnosed my health and got better
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I was drooling saliva the previous night and I noticed in the video from previous videos my mum took my mouth looks slightly uneven - but I have googled your suggestion optic and I believe that it may be that
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.
I don’t think it’s functional.
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

One CT scan must have been done.

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

Stroke can happen to anybody at any age . We cannot ignore the fact .

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 16 days ago.

I wish you get it sorted sooner. All the best .

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They are refusing I will find out and get the private tests done including lumbar puncture
I have pain still in the back of the left eye only but have to suffer in silence until I get in touch with a private Neuro consultant in Sheffield Dr Paling but his appointment is 14th July - thank you I hope I get to the bottom of it and hope it’s not too late that no damage is done
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I took some medication that my friend had it is called gabapentin and it has calmed the severe flicking and twitching of the nerves in both eyes but pain is still there and pain in left head
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I wish could speak but I have no money left until my benefits come as I lost my job due to this functional diagnosis - my contact number is ***** if you have time to contact me on your own personal time I would be extremely grateful
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 15 days ago.
Its  a bit complex presentation. But you definitely need further work up. I wish you good day and a good health.