How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, The father of my 11 week old baby is a british citizen,

Customer Question


The father of my 11 week old baby is a british citizen, lives permanently in Dubai and works for a british company. We are not married and have never been in a relaitonship. Is there any way that I can get him to pay child mantainence if he won't agree to it informally? The CSA have said that they can't help.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Does he have any assets in the UK?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.



Quite possibly but I'm not 100% sure.



Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Actually if he is working for a UK Comapany the CSA can and should assist.
However if they refuse to do so you can apply for a Court Order for Maintenance here in the UK and provided he has assets and income in the UK you will be able to enforce it.
Any local family law specialist will be able to assist