How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have recently been given grant of probate to deal with my

Customer Question

I have recently been given grant of probate to deal with my step fathers estate. My step brother has reserved power. We have been made an offer on my step fathers bungalow by a builder which i am happy to accept, however my step brother believes the property is worth more and refuses to accept any offers. Can he do this or as the grant is in my name can i go ahead and agree a sale.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
Who are the beneficiaries?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My step brother and myself.

Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

You can go ahead but your step brother can make an application to court to prevent it.

What was the property valued/marketed at?

How long has it been on the market?

. How many offers have you had?

what is the current offer?

please bear with me over weekend because I will be off-line and online