James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

I have a Legal Separation from 4 years ago which in the Final

Customer Question

I have a Legal Separation from 4 years ago which in the Final Settlement section states that assets such as Life Cover, Pension, etc., are the property of each party. I have cancer and have made an early claim on my Life Cover which my ex-wife (now divorced)is insisting that she's entitled to half of the value of (the policy is Joint in name). I've recontacted my solicitor who made up the Separation Agreement and she is very unhelpful, saying that she doesn't want to rake my case any further. I believe that i'm entitled to the full value of the policy which is Joint in name, but not in benefit (following the Separation Agreement). What should i do?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Was the Separation Agreement turned into a financial Order and sealed by the Court?