How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Is it possible to get an injunction to prevent someone telling

Customer Question

Is it possible to get an injunction to prevent someone telling someone else certain information?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.



Over a year ago, my wife and I found out through a court orderd dna test that i was not the father of our 2 children.

They are aware, and now know who their biological father is - they do not like him or want anything to do with him!

However, he is seeing them every month, but is threatening to tell my parents the truth...Neither myself, my wife or the children want this at present, and this is what we want to try and stop him doing


hope that clarifies...

Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

On what basis is he threatening this?

Is he demanding things?

I need to know the background to the threat and why he is doing this.

you say that he is seeing them , but they don't want anything to do with him ., please explain. How old are they?

please bear with me this weekend because I will be online and off-line

Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
The only way that this could be prevented using Court Action would be if there was ongoing Children Act Proceedings within which you could ask the court to make a Prohibited Steps Order.
I would have to say however that there is no guarantee that the court would agree to make such an order as they may well feel that it is in the best interests of the children that they do not have to keep this secret from their grandparents