How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hello, I an a respondent in a divorce case in ENgland. The

Customer Question

I an a respondent in a divorce case in ENgland. The Judge gave a final Order on the 8th of January 2013. I would like to request a Decree Absolute because I was told that even after the Final Order solicitors can ask for more! How can I request my Decree Absolute from the PRFD?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
When was the Decree Nisi made?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Decree nisi made early 2012 more than one year.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Did the Judge nor grant it at the Final Hearing (this is usually done as the Order is not enforceable until then)