How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK solicitor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

i would like to ask about divorce .can i apply for divorce

This answer was rated:

i would like to ask about divorce .can i apply for divorce from his foult if he left me and son for other lady ?the proof i have got is photos that they are together

Thanks for your patience.

If your husband is likely to admit the adultery then you do not need proof and can cite adultery as the fact of your divorce.

If your husband is not willing to admit adultery then you would have to prove it in open court, which is very expensive, time-consuming and stressful. There would be an easier way to get divorced in these circumstances which is on the basis of his unreasonable behaviour.

If petitioning on the basis of unreasonable behaviour you would have to list 5-6 examples of his unreasonable behaviour towards you. The should mostly be related to his most recent behaviour and it can be things like not speaking to you, providing you with emotional support, verbal (eg. Nagging, insults etc) or physical abuse, unwillingness to engage in typical things that married people do (socialising, eating together, planning practical matters together), not contributing towards the expenses of accommodating yourself and the children, not engaging in physical affection, not helping you with children.

Typically, it is best to list each examples in the following order
1) First occurrence
2) Worst Occrrence
3) Most Recent.

There is lots of useful advice for lay persons considering divorce here:-

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok thank you for your anwser .i would like to ask one question more.i working 25 hours weekly during that time my son is in nursery .so i can ern many for our live but problem is when i am sic or my son is sic and i cant go to work then i can not earn the money .at the moment only i care about my son and my housband dosnt pay maintenance yet for my son .my quastion is can i applay for any maintenance for myself?


I'm afraid that I do not feel qualified to answer this new question.

If you wish for another expert to assist please submit a further question to the board and another expert will pick it up.