How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

9 yrs ago my ex husband committed suicide,our children received

Customer Question

9 yrs ago my ex husband committed suicide,our children received his death in service money, but also they paid an equal amount to his sister because he was living with her at the time, be it only 2 weeks,can you tell me if i can claim his pension when he would have been 65 or has this been paid out already? my youngest daughter tried to get the money off of her via a solicitor but he said she was too late, that was 6months after his death
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
If you were divorced and no pension sharing order was made within the divorce proceedings then I am afraid you have no claim at all on his pension