How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 71043
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello. I need advice regarding my current situation. I am

Customer Question

I need advice regarding my current situation. I am Polish male involved in domestic valence case. I am suspected of threatening death of my partner. I ve been arrested then bailed and have ban to contact with my partner and child for two weeks. I still may been charged.

We were live together in one of the council flats which was sign by my partner as main tenant. However she was never working in uk and all bills and taxes was paid always by me. I need to find out what rights I have regarding my eventually come back to my house if the bail will be finished. I am still waiting for decision.

Does the law can forbid me to back home? Who is able to decide? My parter, the Police or after finish the case I will have right to back home as normal?

I don't know the English law at all and I bit worry if I am homless now.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.
How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Does my partner has rights to refuse my come back to my house?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.
Not herself without orders of the court.

However, if she has made an allegation to police then you will be on bail with conditions not to return there and not to contact her directly or indirectly. That is very definitely enforceable I'm afraid.

On your point of dropping this case. She can make a retraction statement but they could summons her. They currently have a police of summonsing. If this is a threats to kill then they would summons. If its just a s5 public order they may let her withdraw

Sorry if thats bad news.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How long may take such case. I am bailed till 28 Feb. They can extend it for another period of time? What are procedures?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.
They are probably getting cps advice. Further extensions on bail do often happen sadly

If this isn't charged yet then its probably only a bit of public order nonsense. Threats to kill is hard to prove
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello. I've been charged. I think I need solicitor. Would you recomend anybody in Banbury area please? I have limited budget as well. What other options I have?