How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been with my partner since 2001, when we lived in my

Customer Question

I have been with my partner since 2001, when we lived in my rented flat and since 2002 at a large home. This was mortgaged in his name alone. I only receive Employment Support allowance, following cancer in 1999.  He now wishes us to part. Would I be entitled to any part of the value of the house we currently live in ?

Many thanks for your time

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Were you married or engaged and are there any children involved?
What financial contribution have you made over the years?