How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My five year old daughter has been taken from me and is up

Customer Question

My five year old daughter has been taken from me and is up for adoption. Her biological father has no interest in her whatsoever. My partner passed away suddenly when my daughter was 5 months old, his name was on the birth certificate, this was the best option for her at the time. Today Social Services phoned to tell me that they are going to change her name to her biological fathers name, who has had no contact with her for years! Is this possible?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Do you share the name of your ex partner?