How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i Have been living in Spain for the last 10 years but divoced

Customer Question

i Have been living in Spain for the last 10 years but divoced my English husband ( i Am English) about 8 yeas ago via the English courts. We have two children who i have custody of. We are fully legal residents and i am also a fiscal tax payer here in Spain.
My question is that i want to go to court in the UK to increase maintanence for my two children. Can you please tell me how to go about this. Can i do it on my own or will i need a solicitor etc. My Ex lives in the UK but we are still in Spain. Also what can i expect fom the English system. How long does it take etc.
Many thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Is there a maintenance Order currently in place?