How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and i have seperated and she has moved out of the house

This answer was rated:

My wife and i have seperated and she has moved out of the house we are buying and moved into a house of her own, she says she wants nothing to do with my house but how does she sign the house over to me so in future she can not try to claim half the house which i am paying for.
Thank you for your question.
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
Are you considering a divorce?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi. We have been married for 36 years and living in this house for 16 years with a morgage for 15 years. We have no young children with 4 grown up children with the youngest being 16. I am considering devorce but want to make sure that the house is safe first, thats why i want the house signed to me before i do anything else.



How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage and what is your wife going to receive?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The house is worth 80 thousand and we still owe 70 thousand. My wife says she does not want anything from the house and the house is mine, but i want to make it legal so that in a few years time she can not change her mind and decide to try and claim half the house, i have been paying the morgage and bills for the last 3 months.My wife inherited money from her late aunty and has taken this with her, i dont know how much she inherited as she refused to tell me.

The only way to be certain that no further claim can be made is for there to be a final Financial Order dismissing all financial claims that you have on each other.
In the absence of that you will need a Separation Agreement setting out the arrangement that you have made.
This can be turned into a Financial Order when there is a divorce
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

could you please tell me how i go about getting these

Any local family lawyer can assist with either the divorce or the separation agreement