How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34892
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, I work full time but, have no money yet to pay a Lawyer.

Customer Question

Hi, I work full time but, have no money yet to pay a Lawyer. I need a Family Solicitor to get me a Child Contact Order. My ex just run away and do not let me see my child. As well her family and friends threatened me to not even try to find her and my son. They discriminate me aswell because I am not english. Can you put me in contact with some Family Solicitor that works with Legal Aid, before the law expires on april the 1th?
Or can you tell me how can I apply myself, for an Child Contact Order?
Thanks, Tzepos.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
What income do you have; how old is the child and when did you last see him?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, at the moment my income is 900GBP per month before tax.

My son is 3 months old. Born in December the 6th 2012.

I last saw him in February the 25th the day my ex left...

Since then I try contacting the police, citizen advice, the success, everyone tells me the same = look for solicitor.

I've attached the statement I send to the council.

Attachment: 2013-03-25_214750_tzepos_police_statement..docx


Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
I am afraid that it is unlikely that you will be able to make an application for legal aid prior to the weekend since there are now only three working days involved.
You will therefore need to deal with the matter in person unless you wish to pay solicitors fees.
Your starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using family mediation ( to try and arrange a regular pattern of contact.
If that is not successful then you will need to apply to the courts for a defined contact order - or even a residence order - you can get help and support from Families need Fathers ( and all the forms are on the website
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi claire, Sorry but I can not get the orders on this site:

they ask me to pay £ 2,50, I did and still not opening. I need those forms, can I get them directly from the court where I live???

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You can find the form here
and the court fee is £200