How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i have been marriaged for 23 yrs we have 4 children three are

Customer Question

i have been marriaged for 23 yrs we have 4 children three are under 18. i myself have only started working after completing a post graduate qualfication. my husband owes several businesses and properties some in his own name and some in the name of his brother. Nothing is in my name. Not even our 6 bed room home. I do have savings of about 40 thousaud pounds. my husband has over the course of our marriage both phyisically and emotionally abused me. Recently I have found out that over the pas 15 years he has had a string of intimate releationships with women is has met on the internet. After finding this out he promised to change and I must admit i forgave him, however recently his behviuor has become verbally abusive and he is becoming very aggressive with the children. If we are to divorce how can I ensure that I down lose out fiancially
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your query.
How old are the younger children and how much is your home worth.
Do you know how much your husband earns?