How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I need to leave my home with my four children.All my capital

Customer Question

I need to leave my home with my four children.All my capital is tied up in my present property but my salary £ 40 000 a year will only support a rental property for my family and not pay my share of the joint mortgage. I need my share of the equity in this climate to start again as I am 46. I feel trapped and can not see a way out. My youngest child is 3 and my eldest is 15. I am a teacher and have a secure job. Thank you for giving your time.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, I'm not clear what exactly what question you are asking?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Why do you need to be the one who leaves?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much does your spouse earn and who has been the main carer of the children until now?