How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been mediating contact arrangements for my grain child

Customer Question

I have been mediating contact arrangements for my grain child as my Daugher and her ex partner do not get on as he was the abuser in there relationship. Apparently he has a criminal record mentioning gang rape and theft - not sure if there were any actual convictions. My Granddaught is 3 years and says that she want to see daddy. Contact has been fortnighly from 10.30 to 5pm unsupervised and I do the transporting (social services or courts not involved) he is constantly rude and abusive in his messages to me and not having her ready on time to be picked up making me hang around. Despite been asked to contact me only, he is still harrasing my Daugher which is making her feel ill. she was advised by 'Worth' in the past to have someone else involved with contact arrangments and to not have contact herself with him - I now feel that this responsibility needs to be taken over by someone independent but do not know the steps to take - please advise - would have to be under legal aid.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but do need some further information first.
Do you have any concerns about the care of the child when she is with him?