How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

im woundering if there is anything i can do my grandson lives

Customer Question

im woundering if there is anything i can do my grandson lives with his mom n dad at her moms house which is really dirty n smelly there is rubbish everywhere its not safe at all i have photo evidence of the property

every one else seems to be looking after the child more than what the mother does ?
just before the baby was the mother came to live at mine and
when the child was born in january he came to mine until he was 12 days old when the midwife finished on her home visits the mother then moved back home she only stayed at mine because there house aint in a fit state
is there any thing i can do so that the child can stay at mine until the house is satisfactry also i have notified social services aswel
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question I will do my best to assist although I know that my answer is not the one that you want.
I am afraid that having reported the matter to Social Services you have done everything that you can do and there is no basis on which a court would grant you a residence order - or even give you permission to apply for one.
The only basis on which the situation could change is if you son and his partner split up and he wishes to apply for Residence of the child.
I am sorry that this is not what you wish to hear but it is accurate, and of course the more you try and have the child removed form the parents care the less likely it is that they will allow you contact