How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34898
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

what can you do when you do when you do not trust the children

Customer Question

what can you do when you do when you do not trust the children social worker due to contradictory information she is give you from the referral at initial meeting. what can you do when she denied information she gave on phone and refuse to put it in writing?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
If you have a complaint about the way a Social Worker has dealt with a matter you can complain to his or her Line Manager.
However a Social worker does not have to give details of who has made a referral - and it is only the final report that puts anything in writing
Your local Children Services department should give you details of their complaints procedure upon request
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The referral from Mental heal services was made on 15/12/2012 and I was only contacted for the first time on 26/03/2013. Section 47 was initiated on 16/04/2013. Did the social services break the law by taking so long to initiate initial assessment? The initial assessment was done on 3/05/2013 and up to today I did not receive any outcome in post nor on phone thought the social worker made clear that she has no concerns about our children ( she met them at home and saw their bedroom). Is there any time limit to close the case? Can she deliberately leave the case open?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
It was certainly an unacceptable delay - but in the circumstances there would be nothing for to gain in challenging that.
If the initial assessment has only been done last week then it is still early to expect the report - and there is no reason to assume that it is being deliberately left open - just that this is not a priority case - which is good news from your point of view