How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

ive got an agreement with my ex wife about acess to my daughter

Customer Question

ive got an agreement with my ex wife about acess to my daughter we both signed a settlement agreement and since signed divorce papers with same agreement ,she now wants to change it and tells me she can change the agreement in the divorce ,were trying not to use solicitors as the rest of it is ok ,can she change it once weve both agreed and signed it and divorce proceedures have begun
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information before I can answer:

1. Is the agreement is a court order ?
2. Did you reach agreement via mediation?
3. What was the agreement?
4. Why does your ex want to change it?
5. How old is your daughter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanku for your help ,i think im getting it sorted but will get back to u if i need any more help

Expert:  UKfamsol replied 4 years ago.
ok - best of luck.