How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello. Ex-wife (recently divorced) is refusing to provide

Customer Question

Ex-wife (recently divorced) is refusing to provide me with contact details of my son.
Have been arrested on 4 false accusations of harassment. CPS outcome on all 4 counts has been no action.
Police have advised me not to go to school or to have direct or in direct contact with my ex, or go to my son’s school.
Has previously taken him to Morocco without my permission. To a country which is not a signatory to the Hague Convention on abducted children.
Has clearly stated that she has child residency rights, and states that I do not have rights, even though I have Joint Parental Responsibility Rights according to UK law.
Does not provide me of my sons address, or medical, school or any information regarding our son what so ever.
Has denied Mediation and not responded to any of my lawyers letters. I wish to co-parent as it is in the best interest of our son. I feel that she is brain washing our 7 year old son, and has cut contact with my entire family. I am concerned she is causing psychological harm and undue stress.
Has told me that our son does not have a father. Can you please confirm procedure to obtain contact via the courts?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
When did you last see the child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

December 2012. My ex and I all went to then cinema together., and after that , I went to their house for dinner. She was demanding more money, I refuse, and have not seen or hear from since. She has changed her contact number, and also moved to another property.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
The laws says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
YOu can apply to the courts for a defined contact Order using a Form C100 available here paying the fee of £200.
If you do not have an address for your ex you can use a Form C2 to ask the court to order the DWP to release her address to the COURT for service
More assistance is available on the website