How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34906
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hi my husband is the only director of a limited company. he

Customer Question

hi my husband is the only director of a limited company. he is also paying himself a gross salary wage, of 36000 as the only employee. pays himself a dividend ranging 7000-10000 per year. can you tell me what is taken into acoount when calculating child maintainance?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question, I will do my best to assist you.
Both his wage and his dividends count as income for CSA purposes - however please be aware that the first assessment may be based on just his wage.
If so you will need to apply for a variation at which point the dividend will also be included.
Why this has to be so is sadly beyond my understanding
I hope that this is of assistance - please feel free to ask for any clarification that you need