How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been with my partner for almost 15 years. Almost 5

Customer Question

I have been with my partner for almost 15 years. Almost 5 of those married. He is 19 years older than me, I am 33 and when I met him I went off to uni for 4 years but together every weekend an in the week. I moved into his home after and paid for food shopping only as I had minimal funds with pub job and then paid for few other things once secured a job.

In 2003 we wanted to move. We found a house which he bought, I had no deposit and I think I felt too young! We have lived here since except for 1 year when I moved out as he cheated on me.
We have no children, tried IVF twice and he had a reversal earlier this year.

I contribute to a % of bills and mortgage putting the money in our joint account but the house is in his name. In 2008 we married.

I am wondering if we split what would I be entitled too money wise?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and how much do you each earn?