How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Parental Rights

Customer Question

I am currently going through a marriage separation and my husband is disabled with severe uncontrolled epilepsy. I am therefore the primary carer for our 3 year old. My husband has asked that he take our little boy on holiday,for a week, with his own mother. I feel this would not only be disruptive to our child's pre-school routine but also be very unsafe. His mother is over 60 and my husband has several fits a day. Am i able to stop them, and if so, does the same apply when he wants our son to visit him for the weekend at his mothers house?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How old is his mother and is she still working?