How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

what happens if an ex husband takes a child to stay at a place

Customer Question

what happens if an ex husband takes a child to stay at a place against the wishes of the mother
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the question.
I shall do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
How old is the child and what is the objection to the plan?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi my daughter is 10 and a half-my ex is taking her to a hotel to stay-they will be sharing a room-he sees nothing wrong with this-I presumed when he said he was going to Devon he would be staying with this parents this is not the case and hasnt been for a number of occasions although i was always under the impression he was at the grandparents house-I have written to him yesterday and today saying I think it would be much better for her to stay with them rather than a hotel-he has disregarded my wishes and still taken her-5 years ago his contact was limited to only 2 hours a week because investigations were being taken place

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
My apologies for the delay
What was the outcome of the investigations?