How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have recently signed a financial agreement with my soon to

Customer Question

I have recently signed a financial agreement with my soon to be ex husband, I have the paper work (deeds) transferring the house (mortgage free) into my name- do I need to do anything more?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Has the agreement been turned into a Consent Order and sealed by the Court?
Have you Registered the Change in Ownership at the Land Registry?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The agreement was drawn up by a solicitor and we both signed it as we intend to be separated for two years then divorce.

I haven't done anything with the TR 1 paperwork which my husband gave me which states he transfers the property to me.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Is there a mortgage on the property?