How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

What help can a mother with 3 children do to get help after

Customer Question

What help can a mother with 3 children do to get help after having to leave the home to avoid physical violence?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The mother and children are at present staying at a friends house.I nead to know what she should do for accomodation later.Thier home is at present in joint names

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

The local authority should provide accommodation if children are involved. Has she tried the housing dept?

Is the violence documented police etc or is there any court order?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good service

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How old are the children and has there been any actual physical violence before now?
Are the parties married
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

7 and 9 and a 16 year old by a previous relationship. yes there has been some previous violence but not notifyed to the police.

Yes they are married.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
When was the last incidence of physical violence?