How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am not married and have two children aged 3 and 5 years old

Customer Question

I am not married and have two children aged 3 and 5 years old we have a joint mortgage and I have been paying my partner has told me that she has been sleeping with some one else and she wants me out the house we jointly own and that I have to leave as she want the house for the children do I have any rights to stay in the house can we sell and split cost 50 /50 or is she right I have to leave and give the house to her
regards steve
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the house is worth 360000 and out standing mortgage is 168000

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How much woudl a two bedroom property in the same general area cost and what mortgage capacity does she have?