How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Me and my 2 kids live in my ex partners house he is the father,

Customer Question

Me and my 2 kids live in my ex partners house he is the father, we got divorced 2 years ago but got back together and we moved back in his house 15 months ago but he cheated, he moved out 1 month ago, but now wants me and my kids out of his house. Do me and my children have the right to stay here even though we are divorced or can he actually make us leave? He said we have 1 week to go and I shouldn't get legal advice because we stand no chance! Is this true?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old are the children, how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage