How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

can i take my husband to court to get my money back as we both

Customer Question

can i take my husband to court to get my money back as we both have separate banks accounts
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you.
As I understand it you gave your husband this money in preparation for your move to join him.
I am not certain whether you now will or will not be joining him - and if not whether you beleive that the marriage is now over.
It is not usually possible for spouses to sue on another unless there was a clear contract involved - although in your case you could argue that there was - you paid the money on the understanding you could join him
However it would be easier to deal with this within the financial side of divorce proceedings
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you shall consider the answer which have given me a thought to go on

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You are most welcome - there is much to think about