How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello, Unfortunatley my daughter will not allow me to see

Customer Question

Unfortunatley my daughter will not allow me to see my grandsons. We had a disagreement four months ago and i have only seen the boys twice in that time. The eldest child lived with me for 5+ years he is 7 now and the baby who is 1yrs old i have'nt seen as often as i would like. I dont know what to do, the eldest child is suffering because he misses us. Iv been told that he cry's at night due to not seeing us very often. This is tearing me apart. I hope you can give me some guidance.
Mrs J
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question I will do my best to assist you.
Whilst grandparents have no automatic right even to apply to the court for contact they can ask the court for permission to do so and it is usually granted.
The court is looking at the best interests of the children and since you have an existing relationship with the child there is every chance that the court would make an order allowing you contact - certainly with the older child.
Before starting court proceedings you should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation (
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information