How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34906
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi Claire Ive just found out my wife has bought a property

Customer Question

Hi Claire
I've just found out my wife has bought a property with her new partner with the proceeds from the sale of the stocks and shares in our marriage
Can I register a matrimonial interest with the land registry against this no property she has purchased
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
Whilst this is an asset that will be taken into account in the financial side of the Divorce proceedings you cannot Register a Claim on it I am afraid
I hope that this is of assistance