How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Me and my ex partner have agreed times to see our daughter

Customer Question

Me and my ex partner have agreed times to see our daughter and payments however he keeps moving the goalposts because he can. How can I obtain a child contact order in place and state arranged payments on paper that he HAS to stick to?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old is the child and what contact does your ex have at the moment?
What problems have arisen because of this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My child is 3 years old. He has her a thu eve and alternate weekends.
When he lets her down at the last minute then I have a very upset child asking for her dad and as I work weekends I have to take time off work or cancel any plans I have also. I work late eve thu so this is a problem too. If I manage to arrange alternative child care it also costs me money.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How often has he let her/you down?