How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

hi without going in to much detail 2 children with mother....

Customer Question

hi without going in to much detail

2 children with mother.... dad not interested until child reaches age of 9 then dad takes child and don't return...

dad alerts childcare he fears for her safety and keeps her and apply s to court

after dad gets enough evidence and gets child in a local school the judge sides with dad and gives him parental care and child lives with dad.

child now age 14 runs away after school not going home and runs to family member....the family member alerts social services to notify dad she is safe.

social services had interview with her while staying with family member but social services after state they feel she needs to go home to dad.

child states she doesn't want to no more live there and wants to live with mum because she feels bullied ext

child is still in the care of family member with consent of social services however, social service are going to pick her up and take her to dad.

if she refuses does she have to go home to dad.
if she runs to her mum is this a problem.

the end result she feels bullied and no longer wishes to live with dad and now at 14 wants to speak out.

what is the best process.

her mum has also a 2 year old which lives with her and runs her own company with a 3 bedroom house but over 3 hours away from here.

shud i let mum come to collect her from me?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
What contact has the child had with her mother and why has the mother not applied for a Residence Order?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the 14 year old child has 1 phone call a week and visits to mother 3 times a years.


dad lives with child in london and mother lives in stoke-on-trent which is 3 hours drive distance.


he the dad applied for residents order when he took them and won it the mum was told she couldn't appeal or apply after he won.




and only visit her 3 in 4 years.




Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Were Social Services involved in the past at any time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes from the beginning

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

social services where involved since he applied to court not before

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Why do Social Services not consider it acceptable for the child to live with Mother?