How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi me and my ex split up nearly 9 years ago now, just recently

Customer Question

Hi me and my ex split up nearly 9 years ago now, just recently my son as been going and staying at his dads nearly every weekend.Now out of the blue hes handed me a form hes had printed by a solicitor for parental responabilities do I have to get this signed and give him these responabilities.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old is your son and what are your concerns about his father having Parental Responsibility?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my sons 10,my concerns are when we was together he was very controlling and im scared if he get these responibilites he'll start with it again he'll see it as power but things r great the way they are.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How long has the regular overnight contact been going on?