How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

If a womans partner has left the family home and after a week

Customer Question

If a womans partner has left the family home and after a week asked to see their child can he legally keep the child and tell the woman that she will have to go to court to get the child back. They are not married.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old is the child and is the father named on the birth certificate
Who has had the day to day care of the child until now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the child is 3 years old yes the father is on the birth certificate and the mother has the day to day care thank you


Customer: replied 4 years ago.


The child is 3 years old. Her fathers name is on the birth certificate. The mother has day to day care and the father is now homeless.

Thank You


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I havn't had an answer I was asked for more information which I gave and have heard nothing since