How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i have been divorced 12 years never had my equity or settlement

Customer Question

i have been divorced 12 years never had my equity or settlement the children no longer reside there so can i apply for my share even tho uts longvago we bought tht hse together n lived there 10 yrs he is remarried so want my share can
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I will need some further information first
Was there a financial Order made within the divorce proceedings at all?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Is the house actually owned in joint names?