How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My husband has a serious substance misuse problem. He has

Customer Question

My husband has a serious substance misuse problem. He has recently gone to a Rehabilitation Centre as a last opportunity to try to deal with his addiction. He has been kicked out because he used whilst he was there. We have two small children and now that he has shown that he can't utilise specialist help, I don't want him in my home or to have contact with the children. He has parental responsibility and we have joint ownership of our home. What can I do to safeguard and secure myself and the children?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old are the children and has he been violent at all?