How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Charging Order

Customer Question

I am applying for a charging order on my ex's house as he has not paid 10,000 which was part of the divorce settlement 5 years ago. He had 2 years to pay it which makes the debt 3 years late. He has sent me a letter which I received yesterday, saying he is applying for timing, clause 6 on the consent order, can he do this? The court day is tomorrow for the Judge to decide, I don't have a solicitor as I cant afford one. I would have thought that if he wanted to have more time he should have applied 3 years ago when the debt was due to be paid, not wait until I have gone to the court to get them to enforce this order. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Chris   XXXXXXXX

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question - I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
What does clause 6 of the Order say and what explanation has your ex given for the delay in payment?