How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

couple been together 14 years. 3 children 10.7 and 5. the dad

Customer Question

couple been together 14 years. 3 children 10.7 and 5. the dad has not seen children since october on his own request. our house is sold at a rediculously low price just to stop the children suffering anymore. dad saw 10 year old daughter today he said he wanted to see her again. no trust. what is the best option please?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
What contact is he actually asking for and does the child wish to see her father?
Does he also wish to see the younger child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he was violent to there mum and they witnessed this. they have all lived ok outside the doctors where she was taking middle son and said he wanted to see her ,mum is now frightened he may take the children as he has threatened it before. what should she do?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What contact is the father actually asking for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hes saying now he wants to see them, but there hasn't been any contact since October because he kicked the car in? I asked him for reg contact 1 night in the week plus fri over night. He said he couldn't do this because he does clubs also saturday night he couldn't either because he goes out. I think he just wants odd days here & there... Which I don't think is good for the children

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Just to check - you would in fact be happy for him to have the children overnight?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not now! the solicitor advised me to cut all contact now + domestic vilolence unit advised me not to have any contact either. How can I stop him coming up to the children in the street?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
I am afraid that unless he is threatening towards you or the children then you will not be able to do so at this stage.
If he is threatening then you can get an Injunction stating that he should on approach you or the children
However you also need to be aware that if he applies to the court for contact then he mat well be offered Contact at a Local Contact Centre - however in that event you can ask for a Residence Order to ensure that the children are always returned
I hope that this is of assistance
Please ask if you need further details