How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have lived in my home for 47 years. It is jointly owed by

Customer Question

I have lived in my home for 47 years. It is jointly owed by my ex- husband and myself. We separated in 1976. I have maintained the home since then. He now wants to sell the home after many upgrades and expenses for which I have paid.

What is he entitled to?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
Was the matter not dealt with within the financial side of your divorce proceedings?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much have the improvements increased the actual value of the property?