How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My partner is divorced with 2 children and currently holds

Customer Question

My partner is divorced with 2 children and currently holds shared custody with his ex however the geography behind the family it is impossible to have equal access.
he is looking to have shared access whereby they live with him and she then has access, the boys are 7 & 9. when will the courts listen to the childs wishes (they both want to live with there dad) what are the chances of him getting his boys, He works full time and lives with his parents?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How do the children currently share their time between their parents
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They currently have shared access to the boys but they live up north and he lives down south.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How is the children's time actually divided between them at present - this is crucial to the issue