How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My eldest child is 17 and has just finished her first term

Customer Question

My eldest child is 17 and has just finished her first term in college of what should of been a 2 year course . She has decided she does not want to finish the course and has applied to enroll in another college on a travel advisor course which starts in sept on a 3 day wk basicis .This course is due to last 2 years will I be eligible to pay maintenance for the duration of this course .
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you paying under a Court Order or via the CSA?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is a mutual agreement between myself and her mother
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
In that case you need to be aware of the CSA regulations as that is where your ex can apply if you stop payment.
I am afraid that you will have to continue to pay so long as your child is under 20 AND still in full time (more than 12 hours a week) secondary education.
I am sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need further details