How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34892
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hello, i need to get some advice, i have suffered domestic

This answer was rated:

hello, i need to get some advice, i have suffered domestic violence over the years frm my was mosstly emotional with few incidents of physical violence and treats of assimilation. gradually all escalated in february this year as he treatened me that he will get knife, wanted to throw ipad and big camera on me, tried to get me out of the door etc, he is normally good profesional person, but when it gets him he can be like this as i learned, next day when he left for work i called national domestic violence line adthey have put me and children into refuge, i made a mistake, as i had only 50 pounds, so i had no money, i went back to him as his brother said that my hussbnd woould never do it... that the are juust a words .... so we went back, he kept saying howw bad i am that i have runned away etc.... in month time, he had made such remarks that again it escalated into making me writea letter that i dont want anything from, no properties , no cclothes, that my family will not demand anything from him... so i can go with children away, then he went to sleep. i spoke with midwife, as i was she informed children sevrvices and children have been put on child protection list, husband have been avoiding contact with thm, saying he is bussy..etc.months went by, minor incdents have been happening, but nothing too big, i was adviced by the panel on schild services to sek legal advice, but i was really scared, and i am still,i fled from him llast week but as i have to have c section and citycouncil had put me into horrible hostel with my mum and children and i had no money i hadto return back to him, as for the comfort of children,.... i shouldft have come back.... but without money, it was impssible,whhile away in temporary acc i went to wisit my husband to give himback keys but my doughter wante to see him so went up, andthere i discovered husband sister and house changed,, everything somewhere else.i was tyingto explain why i left , she saidsell speak with him, but when he ccalled me in the evening he was jut laughting and that his sis doesnt believe,
they are from midle east i am from central europe.
so i want to ak, what are my rights,in case of divorce, and if i can go to my home country, where i hae accomandation wih my parents, and divorce ther, or do i hae to do it here, the place is czech republlc.kind regars mrs BUtt
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and who owns the Matrimonial Home?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Three, five and in week time newborn,we are staying in rented appartment, kind regards,mrs butt

Just to check - you and your husband live in rented accommodation - whose name is XXXXX XXXXX tenancy agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my husbands name

Do you wish to return home or remain in the UK?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i wish to stay here, but if there will be no other choice, i would have to return to my parents place, i am still employed by my husb as a secretary and director


In fact you can apply to the Court for an Order allowing you and your children to return to the Matrimonial home and forcing your ex to leave and stay away from you.
He will also have to pay child maintenance and spouse maintenance.
The Refuge should have details of legal advisers who could help you achieve this.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank u for the info, if u could send me some contacts, as i am in the hospital, the council has put us into hostel, so there was no support



R Butt

0808 2000 247
I hope that this is helpful
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank u for the number, i have one more question, what if i decide that my own country would be better, can we go?

YOu will need either the agreement of your husband or an order from the Court to return there with your children - but given the circumstances it is likely that such consent will be given
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you