How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

have 2 children previous marriage.divorced and remarried.if

Customer Question

have 2 children previous marriage.divorced and remarried.if should die how can I prevent new husband having all value from house which we own together.i wish it to go to children
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer you.

How long have you been married to your current husband?
When did you buy the house?
Who paid for the deposit?
Whose name is on the mortgage?
do you own the house jointly as beneficial joint tenants in equity (the most usual way for joint ownership of property for married couples), or as joint tenants in common?
How old are the children?
What makes you suspect that your new husband would not provide for your children if you were to die?