How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35085
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hello, has a mother got more rights then the father? my ex

Customer Question

hello, has a mother got more rights then the father? my ex boyfriend is threatening not to give my daughter back and says he knows his rights just because I have now meet a new partner after 7 months of separation from her father, he is threatening to batter me and not to give her back, I really don't no where I stand or what to do thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Is the father named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes his name is on the birth certificate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
there is no answer???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

helllooooooooooooooo wheres the answer then???

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have got no answer still!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry you are waiting. Clairep80 is offline currently but will be back later to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
My apologies for the delay I have had connection difficulties.
In fact both parents have Parental Responsibility and neither automatically has "more" rights that the other
However as you have had the care of the child until now then if your ex does keep the child you can make an immediate application for an emergency Residence Order - and the child will be returned to your care - and your ex's future contact will be restricted to a Contact Centre
You must also report the threats to the Police
I hope this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details - again I apologise for the delay