How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

my ex partner and 8yr old daughters father refuses to pay for

Customer Question

my ex partner and 8yr old daughters father refuses to pay for her , never had a penny, also denies he is her dad,, what do i do
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for you question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does he live or work in the UK?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes not sure where he works now but he used to work in londons covent garden veg market ... i have home address in london

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we were together 8yrs before we split never married , got pregnant a couple of years after we split, he stuck by me till my daughter was born then never showed up at the hospital and changed his number, he knows lola is his child but wont admit it as he has new patner and 2 kidswith her

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi sorry areyou still there?


Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
My apologies for the delay.
Your way forward is simple - you need to contact the CSA and ask them to complete an assessment
If he denies paternity then he will have to pay for a DNA test - and unless that is negative he will have to make payment - if he does not then the CSA can take enforcement action
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,