How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been living at my mothers house since leaving the marital

Customer Question

I have been living at my mothers house since leaving the marital home (mutual consent after irreversible break down of relationship) 3 months ago.My wife is constantly using the children as blackmail.I pay the mortgage and have paid her 450 per month for the children s support. I had arranged to go and pick up my children tomorrow for a day out.She has phoned and told me that I am not allowed (she will not allow) to see the children ever again and must not come to the house. There has been no court or even solicitor involvement (with the exception of this e-mail).Apparently she is being advised by her mother.....(a barrack-room lawyer?) please advise me as to my rights and actions to take if she continues to refuse access to children or house.
thank you.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do you each have?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,