How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My relationship broke down a month ago and both myself and

Customer Question

My relationship broke down a month ago and both myself and partner have a 1yr old child he is insistant apon having her twice a week over night at his mums house where he currently resides and we have currently had a dispute over weekends as he also wants to see her all weekends too weather it be for lunch or the whole day either way he is persist in terms of wanting to see her more and more despite the welfare and wellbeing of my daughter herself i have no idea what my legal rights are and if i have the right to say when he can and cannot see her. he is named on the birth certificate and im at the end of my tether with it all please help?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which of you was the main carer of the child prior to the separation?
Does your ex work?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,