How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I live with my ex partner who refuses to leave the family home.

Customer Question

I live with my ex partner who refuses to leave the family home. We were not married but have 2 children together, he agrees that I should take custody of the children but I need him to move out?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who owns the house and how old are the children
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire,

We both co-own the house, both of our names are on the mortgage, our children are 1 yrs and 6 yrs. there is 109,00 outstanding andd is worth around £138,500

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Will you be able to pay all the bills if all your ex is paying child maintenance only at 20% of his net income at most.?